Okay so I am super super excited about Christmas this year and I don't even really know why. I am like a little child when I walk into larger department stores and see everything to do with Christmas. However, much to my dismay, my mum did not send me an advent calendar (this has been noted) so I thought I would do my own countdown and list 12 things I am absolutely loving about the build up to Christmas!
- Spending much needed time with my friends and family. This obviously had to be at the top as Christmas is a great reason for lots of get togethers and catch ups over a glass of wine (or two!)
- Walking my dog in the crisp winter weather. The winter season is one of my favourite, some may call me crazy, but I love it and I can't think of anything better than strolling through the countryside with my little dog.
- Visiting Winter Wonderland. As much as I love the idea of the relaxed lifestyle of my south west roots, I am a city girl at heart and I was more than excited when I went to Winter Wonderland at the beginning of this month. Mulled wine all round.
- Watching Frozen on repeat. Enough said.
- Watching Frozen on repeat and not feeling guilty about eating a whole tub of celebrations. What is christmas about?!
- Christmas exclusives. Would I like a Benefit mascara and an extra liquid eyeliner, YES PLEASE. I love all the Christmas exclusives that emerge this time of year, particularly from Lush, with scents to-die-for!
- Present buying. Even though I have a bizarre phobia of having presents bought for me, I really LOVE thinking of and buying presents for my loved ones. I won't include any spoilers, just in case anyone does actually read my blog, but watch this space!
- Getting dressed up. I feel that Christmas is a great time for glitter, glitter and more glitter. Due to all the catch ups and drinks that are going on at this time of year, there is more excuse to slip on my heels and add some sparkle to my make up!
- Late nights. As already mentioned, I love winter weather and especially the dark nights. What is better than strolling down Oxford Street with only the Christmas lights to guide you?!
- Christmas decorations. I do not know why this was not first on my list! Admittedly, this year I did put them up alone, listening to Christmas songs with a glass of wine in hand but I actually really enjoyed it (I do like my decorations a certain way!)
- Preparing for New Year. I am off to Paris for NY to see my lovely best friend and I cannot wait. You may have read my last blog post about my trip to Paris and I am so excited about watching the Eiffel Tower fireworks and see in the NY.
- Happiness. What I love most about Christmas is how happy everyone is at this time of year, the mood is definitely lifted and I thought my list should be ended on a high note!
What do you love most about Christmas?