So 2016 is fast approaching, and as mentioned in my last post, I will be spending NYE with one of my best friends in Paris! I plan to spend much of the evening sipping prosecco and trying to be totally Parasian.
But taking a step back, 2015? 2015 has been a year that was filled with many ups and downs. I ran a half marathon, I finished my university degree and taken lots of steps in the right direction with my career path. Yet, more importantly, I made great memories with my amazing friends from day trips to long weekends away, my family all came together to celebrate my graduation and I have also met some great people through my different experiences. Don't get me wrong, there have been many dips when everything wasn't going so great such as the transition from University to working life, getting used to the long commute and feeling a little lost as I venture into my career path. Like I said, 2015 was definitely an interesting one for me, but I am completely ready for this new chapter.
I have to admit, it won't be a 'new me' and I probably won't change in the slightest, but I aim to make a few resolutions to achieve in 2016. I think over my lifetime I have made over 4,000 resolutions, with each of them failing miserably and me hating myself for about a week as I indulge into a whole box of chocolates. However, this year I have decided to set myself goals that I want to accomplish by the end of 2016 as I feel this is a lot more achievable.
So lets get down to business, my 2016 resolutions;
- Complete another half marathon: As much as I want to complete a marathon, I feel this will build my confidence. Roll on more trips to the gym!
- Quit sugar: Yep thats right, I want to quit sugar. This is going to be hard because I do love basically everything that is made of sugar, however, I am keen to manage a healthier lifestyle.
- Develop cooking skills: This does link to my last resolution, but my main aim is to master dinner parties!
- Find my perfect job: This will take lots of hard work but I am hoping that sooner rather than later, I will be able to secure a job that is right for me and allow me to exploit lots of opportunities.
- Develop my blog: With only starting my blog 3 months ago, I feel I have learnt so much and been moved by all the support. I want to grow this further with more blog posts to follow!
How are you spending your NY? What are your NY resolutions?